The Science Behind Ltd is committed to respecting your privacy, protecting your personal data and safely and securely processing your data in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Occasionally, we may make changes to this policy. By using our website or engaging with us you are agreeing to be bound by this policy. Please keep coming back to this site to make sure you are comfortable with any changes made. Should any changes be made, we will always notify you by email or post a notice on our website.
Any questions about this policy, our privacy notices or to exercise your rights under GDPR, please direct them to:
Data Protection Officer
The Science Behind Ltd
The Creative Quarter
8a Morgan Arcade
Who we are.
The Science Behind Ltd is a research organisation specialising in the study and interpretation of human behaviour in the business environment. Our office is in Cardiff, UK.
The Science Behind is a data controller and data processor. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted on the details above.
What data we collect about you, how and why.
You directly provide The Science Behind with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- When you visit our website and access web pages and hyperlinks
- When you interact with us in person by telephone, email, social media and at events, we attend as delegates or exhibitors
- When you complete a Request a Callback or a Contact Us form on our website
- When you engage with us to explore our services and/or commission us to deliver a service
- When you apply for a job with us
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Data collected in these ways include:
- Name and title
- Email address
- Who you work for/where you work
- Telephone number
- The mailing address of your organisation
- Financial details such as bank details
We also collect:
- Feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communications and activities
- Information from our websites such as IP address and actions are taken on the website
We do not collect or process any special categories of data.
The Science Behind may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Our third-party lead generation partners including Find New Business and Lead Forensics
- Social Media platforms such as LinkedIn
- Other publicly available sources of information
We collect this information so that we may:
- Send you marketing communications which you have requested. This may include information about our services, events and activities. These communications are subscription-based and require your consent.
- Send you information about the services you have purchased from us.
- Perform direct sales and marketing activities in cases where legitimate interest and mutual interest is established
- Provide you with content and details of events and activities you have signed up for
- Reply to a Request a Callback or Contact Us or another web form you have completed on our website
- Follow up on an incoming request (email, telephone or mail)
- Perform contractual obligations such as service delivery, invoicing and similar, manage your account
- Process a job application
- Assess the effectiveness of our sales and marketing activities both on and offline
We do not share, sell or rent your data with third parties so that they may offer you their products and services.
At this time, The Science Behind does not transfer your data outside the EU.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
We use a number of the legal basis for the collection and processing of personal data. They are:
Consent: Data collected based on consent is done using a positive opt-in on forms and communication. Individual consents will be stored and documented in our systems.
Contracts: Personal data is used to fulfil obligations to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
Legitimate Interests: Personal data may be used if considered to be of legitimate interest and if privacy interest of the individual do not override this interest. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing activities. We will always inform individuals of their privacy rights and the purpose of collecting data.
The Science Behind stores personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the data was collected. In this, we will consider our need to respond to queries, resolve possible issues, comply with legal obligations or for safeguarding purposes.
Your rights under GDPR
The Science Behind would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights.
The right to access – You have the right to request The Science Behind for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that The Science Behind correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request The Science Behind to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that The Science behind erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that The Science Behind restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to The Science Behind’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that The Science Behind transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us on the details provided above.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that The Science Behind has not addressed a concern in a satisfactory way, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the
UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
Privacy policies of other websites